The Executive is appointed by the Leader and is responsible both for proposing new policy and the budget to the Council and for implementing and delivering the agreed policy framework and budget.
The Executive consists of ten members from the majority group and responsibilities are divided into portfolios with each Executive member holding a portfolio as follows:
· Corporate Strategy (including Policy and Governance, Human Resources, LEP, Regeneration and Major Schemes, Partnership Working and Strategy)
· Finance and Communications (including Financial Strategy, Benefits and Welfare, Procurement, Property, Communications and Public Relations)
· Community Services (including Community Safety, Civil Enforcement, Parks, Countryside and Playgrounds, Waverley Training Services, Youth and Young People)
· Customer and Corporate Services (including Internal IT and Telephone Systems and Customer Services)
· Planning – Operational and Policy (including Local Plan Parts I and II, Neighbourhood Plans, Enforcement, Building Control and CIL)
· Housing (including Management of Waverley Housing, Strategic Housing and Delivery and Liaison with Social Landlords)
· Economic and Community Development (including Income Generation, Place Shaping and Grants)
· Environment (including Waste and Recycling, Environmental Health, Sustainability, Flooding and Car Parks)
· Health, Wellbeing and Culture (including Older Residents and Care Groups, Leisure Centres, Sports and Culture and Brightwells Gostrey Centre)
The work of the Executive is set out in a Forward Work Programme which contains the key decisions the Executive expects to make over the next four or more months. It also gives notice of any reports which will be discussed in Exempt (Confidential) session from which the public and press are excluded.
The Executive agenda gives notice of meetings and details the items to be considered, including brief details of any items to be discussed in Exempt.
The day after the meeting, a Decision Bulletin is published which lists the Executive decisions taken and sets out those matters that can be called-in for scrutiny by the Overview & Scrutiny Committees.
Support officer: Emma McQuillan. Democratic Services Manager
Phone: 01483 523351