1. the report and requirements of the First Homes initiative be noted;
2. the national guidance of at least 25% of affordable homes on qualifying schemes to be First Homes be applied;
3. the national guidance of 30% discount for First Homes be applied;
4. the national guidance of £80k income threshold be applied;
5. an additional local eligibility criteria be applied to ensure local residents have access the scheme - as set out in the Housing Allocation Policy (as set out at 4.4.9 of the report); and
6. an additional priority for local essential worker criteria is not applied.
Reason: To comply with the government’s First Homes initiative whilst limiting the negative impact on other tenures of affordable housing in the borough and supporting local residents (those who live and/or work in the borough).
[SERVICES OVERVIEW &SCRUTINY COMMITTEE]