This report outlines the latest Medium Term Financial Plan Projection and seeks Councillors’ approval for the draft General Fund Budget for 2019/20. The Financial Plan sets out the key areas to target to address the significant budget shortfall in the medium term which is estimated to be £3.8million or 36% of the total net service cost by 2022/23.
This report contains the following Annexes:
· Annexe 1 – Medium Term Financial Plan projection
· Annexe 2 – draft General Fund Budget Summary 2019/20
· Annexe 3 – statement of key variations from 2018/19 budget
· Annexe 4 – draft Fees & Charges for 2019/20
· Annexe 5 – schedule of projected reserves and balances
· Annexe 6 – draft Capital Programme
The Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (England) Regulations 2014 require Councils to conduct a recorded vote at budget-setting Council meetings.
With the agreement of the Council, a recorded vote was taken on the five recommendations from the Executive on the Medium Term Financial Plan 2019/20 – 2021/22 and General Fund Budget 2019/20
The voting was as follows:
Voting for (39)
Cllrs Brian Adams, Mike Band, David Beaman, Andrew Bolton, Maurice Byham, Carole Cockburn, Kevin Deanus, Jim Edwards, Patricia Ellis, David Else, Jenny Else, Mary Foryszewski, Michael Goodridge, Tony Gordon-Smith, John Gray, Ged Hall, Mike Hodge, David Hunter, Simon Inchbald, Anna James, Carole King, Robert Knowles, Denise Le Gal, Denis Leigh, Peter Martin, Stephen Mulliner, Nabeel Nasir, Julia Potts, Sam Pritchard, Wyatt Ramsdale, Stefan Reynolds, David Round, Richard Seaborne, Jeanette Stennett, Stewart Stennett, Chris Storey, Liz Townsend, Liz Wheatley and Nick Williams.
Voting against (0)
Cllrs Paul Follows, Jerry Hyman, Andy MacLeod, and Kika Mirylees.
1. agree a 2.99% increase in Waverley’s element of Council Tax for 2019/20;
2. agree to make no change to the Council’s existing Council Tax Support Scheme;
3. approve the proposed Fees and Charges as shown at Annexe 4;
4. approve the General Fund Budget for 2019/20, incorporating the pay award; and
5. approve the 2019/20 General Fund Capital Programme as shown at Annexe 6.