Agenda, decisions and minutes

WESTERN Planning - Monday, 26th April, 2021 6.00 pm

Contact: Kimberly Soane  Democratic Services Officer

Items
No. Item

166.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTES

To receive any apologies for absence and substitutes.

 

Where a Member of the Committee is unable to attend a substitute Member may attend, speak and vote in their place at that meeting.

 

Members are advised that in order for a substitute to be arranged a Member must give four (4) clear working days notice of their apologies.

 

For this meeting the latest date apologies can be given for a substitute to be arranged is Monday 19th April 2021.

 

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Kika Mirylees and Cllr Roger Blishen attended as substitute.

167.

MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

To approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 23 March 2021, and published on the councils Website, as a correct record.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 23 March 2021 and published on the Council’s website were agreed as a correct record.

168.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

To receive from members declarations of interests in relation to any items included on the Agenda for this meeting in accordance with the Waverley code of Local Government Conduct.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest submitted for this meeting.

169.

QUESTIONS BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

The Chairman to respond to any questions received from members of the public in accordance with Procedure Rule 10.

 

Submission of questions must be received by Monday 19th April 2021.

 

Minutes:

There were none.

170.

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS

The Chairman to respond to any questions received from Members in accordance with Procedure Rule 11.

 

Submission of questions must be received by Monday 19th 2021.

 

Minutes:

There were none.

171.

ANY RELEVANT UPDATES TO GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE OR LEGISLATION SINCE THE LAST MEETING

Officers to update the Committee on any changes to the planning environment of which they should be aware when making decisions.

 

Minutes:

Beth Howland-Smith updated the committee on the council’s 5 year land supply position. She advised that the council published its five-year housing land supply position statement with the base state of the 1st April last year and that position concluded that the Council had a housing land supply of 5.3 years.  However, a recent planning appeal challenged the land supply positon and during the inquiry the Council conceded that it had a 4.99 year supply.  Officers considered that the degree of shortfall is still a material consideration.  The land supply is under constant review and a new five-year land supply position statement is being worked upon with a base date of the 1st April this year.

 

Action: Current Statement will be circulated for information.

 

Zac Ellwood gave the committee a short update on the new structure of the Planning Development Service.  From the 19th May 2021 the functions will be split in to application types rather than an Eastern and Western team.  Chris French will lead the Strategic Sites Team and a Majors and Minors Team led by Marie Clarke and Kathryn Pearson.  Finally Beth Howland-Smith will lead the Applications and Enforcement.

 

There had also been two new posts recruited into the team Sally Busby who is the new Business & Performance Manager and Joanna Tye who is the new Systems & Processes Team Leader.

 

The Committee were also reminded that at Full Council it had been agreed that the temporary arrangement be made permanent to have a two Committee structure. This would be the last planning meeting held remotely as the Governments current allowance for remote meetings finishes on the 6th May 2021.

 

Finally the Committee were advised that the new Horizon Software was now online and the teams were working hard to clear the backlog of applications.

172.

APPLICATIONS FOR PLANNING PERMISSION

Background Papers

 

Background papers (as defined by Section 100D(5) of the Local Government Act relating to reports are listed under the “Representations” heading for each planning application presented, or may be individually identified under a heading “Background Papers”.

 

The implications for crime, disorder and community safety have been appraised in the following applications but it is not considered that any consideration of that type arises unless it is specifically referred to in a particular report.

 

173.

APPLICATIONS DECIDED UNDER DELEGATED POWERS

Officers to advise the Committee of any applications decided under the new delegated power, in consultation with the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Ward councillor(s).

Minutes:

There were no applications decided under delegated powers since the last meeting.

174.

APPLICATIONS SUBJECT TO PUBLIC SPEAKING

175.

A1 - WA/2020/2080 - LAND AT KILN COTTAGE, WEST END LANE, FRENSHAM, GU10 3BE pdf icon PDF 424 KB

Proposal

 

Erection of extensions and alterations (as amended by plans received 23/02/2021) amended

 

Recommendation

 

That, subject to conditions 1-3 and informatives 1-2, the decision for the application for permission be GRANTED 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Proposal

 

Erection of extensions and alterations (as amended by plans received 23/02/2021) amended

 

Decision

 

Item DEFERED  to allow the item to be properly debated by the Committee and to allow the Parish Council to speak to the item in the usual way as they had not been informed of the meeting date and had therefore not been registered to speak.

Minutes:

Proposal

 

Erection of extensions and alterations (as amended by plans received 23/02/2021) amended

 

The Committee were referred to the update sheet circulated prior to the meeting which advised that due to a technical issue the parish council had not been advised of the date of this item coming to committee and had therefore not been registered to speak.  To allow the item to be properly and fairly debated it was agreed that the item would be deferred to the next meeting.

 

Decision

 

Item DEFERED  to allow the item to be properly debated by the Committee and to allow the Parish Council to speak to the item in the usual way.

175.1

A2 - WA/2020/0558 - LAND AT THE OLD MISSION ALL, HOOKSTILE LANE, FARNHAM, GU9 8LG pdf icon PDF 716 KB

Proposal

 

Outline application with all matters reserved for erection of 24 apartments with underground parking following demolition of existing bungalow The Old Mission Hall (revision of WA/2018/1879) (as amplified by Transport Assessment, Travel Plan, updated ecology report, and amendment to proposed housing to include 7 of the 24 dwellings as affordable units)

 

Recommendation A

 

That, subject to the completion of an appropriate legal agreement by the 27/10/2021 to secure the provision of on-site affordable housing, an off-site affordable housing contribution and financial contributions towards the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of Farnham Park; and subject to conditions 1-24 and informatives 1-5, that outline planning permission be GRANTED

 

Recommendation B

 

That, in the event that the requirements of recommendation A are not met, that permission be REFUSED

Additional documents:

Decision:

Proposal

 

Outline application with all matters reserved for erection of 24 apartments with underground parking following demolition of existing bungalow The Old Mission Hall (revision of WA/2018/1879) (as amplified by Transport Assessment, Travel Plan, updated ecology report, and amendment to proposed housing to include 7 of the 24 dwellings as affordable units)

 

Decision

 

Application DEFERED  to allow the ownership certificate to be completed correctly and required notice period to expire.  

Minutes:

Proposal

 

Outline application with all matters reserved for erection of 24 apartments with underground parking following demolition of existing bungalow The Old Mission Hall (revision of WA/2018/1879) (as amplified by Transport Assessment, Travel Plan, updated ecology report, and amendment to proposed housing to include 7 of the 24 dwellings as affordable units)

 

The Committee were advised that the ownership certificate for the application had not been completed correctly so in order for this to be actioned and the required notice period to expire it was recommended the item be deferred to the next meeting.

 

Decision

 

Application DEFERED  to allow the ownership certificate to be completed correctly and required notice period to expire. 

176.

APPLICATIONS NOT SUBJECT TO PUBLIC SPEAKING

176.1

B1 - WA/2019/0212 - LAND AT COMMUNITY CENTRE, PARKHURST FIELDS, CHURT, SURREY GU10 2PG pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Proposal

 

Application under Regulation 3 for erection of 4 dwellings and assocated works including parking following demolition of existing community centre

 

Recommendation

 

That, subject to conditions1-11 AND Informatives 1-5, permission be GRANTED

Additional documents:

Decision:

Proposal

 

Application under Regulation 3 for erection of 4 dwellings and assocated works including parking following demolition of existing community centre

 

Recommendation

 

Planning Permission GRANTED, subject to conditions 1-11 and Informatives 1-5.

 

Minutes:

Proposal

 

Application under Regulation 3 for erection of 4 dwellings and assocated works including parking following demolition of existing community centre

 

The Committee note the update sheet sent out prior to the meeting and considered the application.  The Committee voted unanimously in favour of the application.

 

Recommendation

 

Planning Permission GRANTED, subject to conditions 1-11 and Informatives 1-5.

 

176.2

B2 - WA/2020/0345 - LAND AT BOURNE WOODS pdf icon PDF 723 KB

Proposal

 

Change of use of land from forestry to a mixed use of ongoing forestry and for filming purposes (as amended by information received 30/10/2020, 18/12/2020, 04/01/2021 and 29/01/2021)

 

Recommendation A

 

That, subject to conditions 1-17 and Informatives 1-12, and  the completion of a Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the decision, permission be GRANTED

 

Recommendation B

 

That, in the absence of a completed Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the resolution to grant permission, permission be REFUSED

 

Decision:

Proposal

 

Change of use of land from forestry to a mixed use of ongoing forestry and for filming purposes (as amended by information received 30/10/2020, 18/12/2020, 04/01/2021 and 29/01/2021)

 

Decision A

 

Planning Permission GRANTED, subject to conditions 1-17 and Informatives 1-12, and  the completion of a Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the decision.

 

Decision B

 

Permission be REFUSED if a Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the resolution to grant permission is not completed.

Minutes:

Proposal

 

Change of use of land from forestry to a mixed use of ongoing forestry and for filming purposes (as amended by information received 30/10/2020, 18/12/2020, 04/01/2021 and 29/01/2021)

 

The Committee considered the application and voted 11 in favour, 3 against and 1 abstention to Decision A and voted Unanimously in favour of Decision B.

 

Decision A

 

Planning Permission GRANTED, subject to conditions 1-17 and Informatives 1-12, and  the completion of a Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the decision.

 

Decision B

 

Permission be REFUSED if a Section 106 Agreement to secure transport contributions within six months of the resolution to grant permission is not completed.

177.

EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC

To consider the following recommendation on the motion of the Chairman:

           

Recommendation

           

That, pursuant to Procedure Rule 20 and in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during the item, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information (as defined by Section 100I of the Act) of the description specified at the meeting in the revised Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972

Minutes:

There were no items to discuss in exempt session. The Chairman advised that this was Cllr Peter Clarke’s and Brian Adams’ last meeting on this Committee and expressed his thanks for all their work over their time on the Committee.  He then closed the meeting.