Agenda and minutes

Dunsfold Liaison Group - Thursday, 7th March, 2019 2.00 pm

Venue: Committee Room 1, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming

Contact: Amy McNulty  Democratic Services Officer

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

Elizabeth Sims, Head of Planning, opened the meeting by reminding all members of the purpose of these meetings. She explained that the role of the Group was to facilitate a dialogue between officers, representatives of Dunsfold Park, and councillors, with a primary focus on enforcement matters. The meetings provided a forum for discussion and no decisions were made.

2.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

To receive any apologies for absence.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Kevin Deanus, John Gray and Liz Townsend, and Rachel Kellas.

3.

NOTES OF THE LAST MEETING

To discuss the Notes of the last meeting of the Dunsfold Liaison Group held on 27 September 2018 and to receive progress on any actions agreed (if required).

Minutes:

The notes of the meeting held on 27 September 2018 were agreed.

 

Pavement

 

The Group remained concerned about the situation with the new pavement. This action had now been taken on by Adam Constantinou, Section 106 Officer, and he was continuing to chase the County Council. The Group was concerned that this had slipped down SCC’s priority list. It was agreed that Adam would write to Surrey again for an update. [Action: Adam Constantinou]

 

The Group also heard that Cllr Deanus had approached the relevant County Councillor in the hope that they could provide an update.

 

Anaerobic Digester

 

Gerry Forristal informed the Group that the anaerobic digester was now fully in place and would be starting operation soon. Members of the Group were keen to visit the facility when it was up and running and Gerry agreed to invite Members and officers at an appropriate time. [Action: Gerry Forristal/Jamie McAllister]

 

4.

PLANNED EVENT LIST CALENDAR RUN-THROUGH

Members to receive an update from Officers regarding the status of planned use of Dunsfold Park’s Permitted Development Right days.

Minutes:

The Group noted that 9 PD dates had been allocated so far for 2019. Jamie advised, however, that the 6th Gear event on 5 April had been cancelled, so the list was now down to 8 days.

 

Additionally, the Group noted that Wings and Wheels would now take place in June rather than August. Jamie advised that this was in order to accommodate the availability of the Red Arrows.

5.

RECENT PLANNING COMPLAINTS

Officers to provide Members with a verbal update on any recent Planning complaints.

Minutes:

Victoria Choularton reported that no planning complaints had been received.

 

The Group agreed that this positive situation demonstrated the importance of good communication, as the operation at Dunsfold Park had not fundamentally changed over recent years but Councillors and the local community now felt more informed and therefore the number of complaints had significantly reduced.

6.

RECENT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH COMPLAINTS

Officers to provide Members with a verbal update on any recent Environmental Health complaints.

Minutes:

Gisella de Gennaro informed the Group that no Environmental Health complaints had been received.

7.

MONITORING OF CURRENT LIVE APPLICATIONS AND PLANNING CONDITIONS

To discuss any enforcement issues relating to adherence to planning conditions and any live applications.

 

The latest traffic data (August 2018 – January 2019) is attached.

 

 

Minutes:

Monitoring of Conditions

 

The Group considered the latest traffic figures and was pleased to note that no days had exceeded the cap set by the planning condition.

 

Current Live Applications

 

There were currently two live applications at the site. One related to Unit 213, Grant Handling, and was for a small mezzanine floor. This application was due to be determined in April.

 

The second application was for the new Gordon Murray headquarters and was due to be determined by JPC in April. A Committee site visit had taken place earlier in the week which had been very helpful. Comments had been received from SCC regarding traffic management and there were ongoing discussions in relation to the access arrangements.

 

Oil and Gas Exploration

 

Cllr Seaborne queried whether Dunsfold Park had given thought to the impact of the proposed oil and gas exploration in the Dunsfold area. Jamie advised that they were still gathering information, and didn’t yet have the expertise to form a definitive opinion.

 

Wings Museum

 

A query was raised in relation to the Wings Museum application which had recently been refused permission. Jamie advised that Dunsfold Park was still keen to work with the museum; they had contacted the applicants, and it was hoped that there could be further discussion in relation to the size and location of the museum. The options for a museum site would be looked at as part of the overall master planning for the new settlement.

8.

NEW SETTLEMENT APPLICATION: UPDATE

Minutes:

The Group heard that the next steps in relation to the new settlement would be an application for the access road which would discharge the reserved matters for this aspect of the outline permission. The master plan would also be the subject of a reserved matters application. It was hoped that consultation for this would take place over the summer, with the application being submitted in the autumn.

9.

AOB

Minutes:

Elizabeth reminded the Group that she would be retiring as Head of Planning on 15 March and all members of the Group thanked her for her hard work over the years.

 

Cllrs Inchbald and Byham also advised the Group that they would not be standing for re-election in May and so this would be their last meeting. The Group thanked them for their valued contributions over the years.

10.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

To agree a date for the next meeting of the Dunsfold Liaison Group.

Minutes:

Elizabeth reminded the Group that a separate programme of governance for the new settlement was being developed. She added that this Group had specific value in relation to enforcement matters and therefore would continue in its current form for the time being.

 

It was agreed that next meeting would take place in July/August.