Agenda and minutes

Dunsfold Liaison Group
Thursday, 27th September, 2018 10.00 am

Venue: Committee Room 1, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming

Contact: Amy McNulty  Democratic Services Officer

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

Sarah Wells, Planning Projects Team Leader, opened the meeting by reminding all members of the purpose of the meetings. She explained that the role of the Group was to facilitate a dialogue between officers, representatives of Dunsfold Park, and councillors, with a primary focus on enforcement matters. The meetings provided a forum for discussion and no decisions were made.

2.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

To receive any apologies for absence from Members.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Elizabeth Sims.

3.

NOTES OF THE LAST MEETING

To discuss the Notes of the last meeting of the Dunsfold Liaison Group held on 12 April 2018 and to receive progress on any actions agreed (if required).

Minutes:

The notes of the meeting held on 12 April 2018 were agreed.

 

The Group remained concerned about the situation with the new pavement. The delay was disappointing for both Members and officers, and it was suggested that a letter of complaint be sent to SCC. Jamie also suggested that Members raise the issue with their SCC counterparts to see if they could take any action. The Group also discussed the nearby Brockhurst Farm scheme, and hoped that any footpath requirements would complement this one.

 

Action: Rachel to contact SCC for an update on the pavement.

 

Sarah added that a new s106 Officer, Adam Constantinou, was now in post and he would be implementing a new IT system to monitor s106 commitments which would also include a public facing module. Cllr Seaborne requested that a briefing for Members be arranged on the new s106 system.

 

In relation to the noise compliant received on 6 April, Jamie confirmed that he had spoken to McLaren, and the noise was due to a new driver being over-enthusiastic. The incident had been dealt with by McLaren and had not happened again.

4.

PLANNED EVENT LIST CALENDAR RUN-THROUGH

Members to receive an update from Officers regarding the status of planned use of Dunsfold Park’s Permitted Development Right days.

Minutes:

Victoria Choularton advised that 20 of the allowed 28 PD days had been used for 2018.

 

Cllr Gray noted the that ‘6th Gear’ event appeared to be new and queried what this involved. Jamie advised that this was similar to the Everyman events and featured a variety of cars including classic cars and sports cars.

 

5.

RECENT PLANNING COMPLAINTS

Officers to provide Members with a verbal update on any recent planning complaints.

Minutes:

Victoria reported that no new planning complaints had been received since the last meeting. One noise complaint had been received which had been passed to Environmental Health.

6.

RECENT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH COMPLAINTS

Officers to provide Members with an update on any recent environmental health complaints.

Minutes:

Gisella de Gennaro informed the Group that only one formal complaint had been received since the last meeting; this related to noise from motorbikes. She had discussed this with Jamie at the time and he had been unable to identify any particular cause. The motorbike activity had been taking place on a weekly basis for at least 15 years and had never generated any complaints.

7.

MONITORING OF CURRENT LIVE APPLICATIONS AND PLANNING CONDITIONS

To discuss any enforcement issues relating to adherence to planning conditions and any live applications.

 

 

Minutes:

Monitoring of Conditions

 

The latest traffic data for January – July 2018 was tabled at the meeting. The 3348 cap had been exceeded on 4 occasions and there was a period where no data had been recorded due to a fault with the monitoring equipment.

 

Cllr Gray noted an increase in HGV movements and asked if there was any particular reason for this. Gerry responded that he had not been able to identify any patterns, and also added that the HGV classification included large rigid vans, not just articulated lorries. For example, supermarket deliver vans and larger courier vehicles  would be considered HGVs.

 

The Group was disappointed not to have received the traffic data sooner, and requested that for future meetings, this be circulated well in advance.

 

Current Live Applications

 

Rachel Kellas advised that there were currently no live applications on the site. There was an application for the Wings museum which was to the south of the site. Jamie advised that they were aware of the application and had had some discussions with the applicant.

 

Cllr Gray asked if there were any other applications on the horizon. Jamie responded he was aware that Gordon Murray were planning to submit an application, as had been mentioned at the last meeting, but he was not sure of the timetable for this. Rachel responded that a screening application had been received and advice had been given that an EIA was required so this may have delayed the submission of the application. Jamie added that they were very keen to have this ambitious, forward-thinking company at the park.

8.

NEW SETTLEMENT APPLICATION: UPDATE

Minutes:

The Group heard that the High Court challenge would take place on 9 – 10 October. The principal point being considered was in relation to Waverley taking part of Woking’s unmet housing need. It was hoped that the decision would be received relatively quickly.

 

Cllr Byham noted that some of the temporary permissions on the site were due to expire in 2018 and asked for some clarification on the situation. Jamie responded that this was the case, but that there was now a valid, extant permission on the site, so this superseded the temporary permissions.

9.

AOB

Minutes:

Cllr Byham asked if there was an update on the anaerobic digester. Jamie advised that the building was complete and it was currently going through the Environment Agency licensing process. The digestion operation was likely to commence by the end of the year. It was not anticipated that this would significantly increase traffic movements and Rachel agreed to circulate an update with further details. [Action: Rachel Kellas]

10.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

To agree a date for the next meeting of the Dunsfold Liaison Group.

Minutes:

Sarah advised that she was putting together a programme for governance of the new settlement. The plan would therefore be for this group to continue in its current form to monitor any enforcement matters relating to the building work. Separate groups would be established to cover other aspects of the new settlement.

 

It was agreed that next meeting would take place in early/mid March.