Minutes

Dunsfold Liaison Group
Thursday, 12th April, 2018 2.00 pm

Proposed venue: Committee Room 1, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming. View directions

Contact: Amy McNulty  Democratic Services Officer

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

Elizabeth Sims opened the meeting by welcoming new officers to the Group and reminding all members of the purpose of the meetings. She explained that the role of the Group was to facilitate a dialogue between officers, representatives of Dunsfold Park, and councillors, with a primary focus on enforcement matters. The meetings provided a forum for discussion and no decisions were made.

2.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Richard Seaborne and Liz Townsend.

3.

NOTES OF THE LAST MEETING

Minutes:

The notes of the meeting held on 3 October 2017 were agreed.

 

In relation to the traffic data considered at the last meeting, Jamie McAllister informed the Group that he had reviewed the data, but had not been able to identify any specific patterns or pinpoint a single cause for higher traffic numbers. Some days would simply be busier than others.

 

The Group remained concerned about the situation with the new pavement. Cllr Deanus felt that the current situation put pedestrians in danger and he was very disappointed that nothing had been done by Surrey County Council despite Dunsfold Park paying the s.106 money some time ago. He suggested that if progress wasn’t made soon then the issue should be escalated to the local MP.

 

Cllr Gray asked what the best course of action would be, and queried whether there could be any sanctions for SCC for not fulfilling their obligations. Elizabeth responded that officers had been in contact with SCC and would write again to ask for an urgent update.

 

Action: Elizabeth/Steve to contact SCC for an urgent update on the situation with the pavement and to circulate the response to the Group.

4.

PLANNED EVENT LIST CALENDAR RUN-THROUGH

Minutes:

Victoria Choularton advised that there were seven planned temporary events so far for 2018; these were all published on the website. Jamie confirmed that this was the most up to date list, and he would provide details of any further events as they were arranged.

 

Cllr Deanus queried what the Car Chase Heroes event would involve. Gerry and Jamie explained that this was similar to the Everyman event, but with famous cars from films rather than supercars.

5.

RECENT PLANNING COMPLAINTS

Minutes:

Victoria reported that no new planning complaints had been received since the last meeting. The Group was very pleased to note this, and Cllr Gray added that he had also not received any ‘unofficial’ complaints which was very positive.

6.

RECENT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH COMPLAINTS

Minutes:

Gisella de Gennaro informed the Group that only one formal complaint had been received since the last meeting. She had visited the area to take readings and found that while the noise was audible, it was not at Statutory Nuisance level. She was concerned about a prolonged tyre squeal that had been quite loud.

 

Jamie explained that McLaren had been on site that day, and he would ask them if they had been doing anything unusual that could have caused this noise.

 

Action: Jamie to speak to McLaren regarding tyre squeal noise on 6 April and feed back to the Group.

7.

MONITORING OF CURRENT LIVE APPLICATIONS AND PLANNING CONDITIONS

Minutes:

Monitoring of Conditions

 

The Group reviewed the latest traffic data for July – December 2017. Victoria reminded Members that the limit was 3,348 and highlighted that only two days had materially exceeded this limit; both of these had been Wings and Wheels.

 

Gerry noted that there were eight other occasions where the limit had been slightly exceed, and he felt that this consistent with the data from other periods. He further highlighted that there were numerous days where the levels of traffic had been significantly below the cap.

 

Current Live Applications

 

Rachel Kellas advised that there were currently four live applications seeking to extend the time limit for existing temporary uses on the track. Officers hoped that the Council would determine these by the expiry date. However, a decision had not yet been taken as to whether they would need to be reported to Committee.

 

A request for a screening opinion had also just been received. This related to a company, Gordon Murray, who was seeking to relocate its headquarters to Dunsfold Park. This had a three week determination target, and officers expected it to be followed up with a full application in due course.

8.

NEW SETTLEMENT APPLICATION: UPDATE

Minutes:

Elizabeth Sims provided an update on the new settlement application. Permission had been granted, and the Local Plan Part 1 had also been adopted. Discussions were taking place corporately to facilitate liaison between Members and the applicants on the new settlement. However Elizabeth emphasised that the DLG would remain with its current function for the time being.

 

A Planning project team was in place to deliver the normal planning process and this was currently considering proper resources necessary to support delivery of the new settlement. A further update could be provided at the next meeting.

 

Cllr Gray commented that it would be useful to know the key milestones and indicative timings which would be very helpful for when liaising with residents and to dispel rumours. Jamie and Gerry agreed, adding that thorough stakeholder consultation would be carried out in due course.

9.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

Minutes:

It was agreed that the next meeting should be held in September.